Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Zulu Rider

I think Zoho Writer is a bit quirky.  I chose a font size and color several times, but my choices were "lost" when I started typing.  Did I wait too long?  There are disturbing flashes of tool bar buttons while I'm typing.  What's with that?  And I don't get capital letters in my document unless I hold the shift key down for a couple seconds before I type the letter that I want capitalized.  This may be a function of our wireless connection, which is kind of slow and weak.

 

Still, the Zoho suite of tools seems quite useful, and you can't beat the price.  I wonder if Zoho or similar tools were online back before we had Microsoft Office on our public computers.  It could have helped some patrons, I believe.  My laptop is not connected to a printer, so I can't test whether this document, when printed, would have a web address printed at the bottom, which is typical of web-generated prints.

 

I'm going to explore Zoho notebook a bit also.  Years ago I tried some software that allowed one to keep a kind of free-form database on the fly.  I could highlight anything on a web page that I wanted to save and with one click zap it into the database.  The database was keyword searchable.  This was an easy way to keep little scraps of information that I might want to reference later. cool   Will Notebook be as convenient?

 

Well, it's time to see if I can publish this Zoho document to my blog.


No comments: