Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Series of Tubes

When I first became aware of YouTube, I thought (with my usual lack of imagination), why on earth would people post their home movies, or watch videos of other people's vacations?

But, of course, YouTube is kind of cool. Many videos are rather well done. Some are amusing, poignant, or educational.

I'm surprised at how many clips from classic tv programs are available. If you want to relive the magic moment when Keith Olbermann made Ann Coulter a new one, there it is on YouTube. If you aren't sure if the Chuckles the Clown episode of Mary Tyler Moore was as funny as you remember, yes, it was.

Linking to a video on YouTube can be a useful addition to one's web site or blog. I noticed on the PBCL web an imbedded video from YouTube on how to use the self-serve checkout service. That was clever, and I can see many similar uses. I bet there are patron service videos available too, as well as examples of "the patron from Heck".

While trying some searches, I came across a music clip from 1975. I had never seen this performance of The Way We Were.




No comments: