Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels

Indeed, you might ask, what did I most enjoy while doing the 23 Things? It was fun looking at the blogs of the fine folks at PBCL. They often gave insight into the interests, hobbies, and pets of coworkers.

I'm glad I took another look at YouTube. It puts some good stuff right at your fingertips. Without it, I never would have had the chance to hear that British salesman/opera singer in his stunning tv debut. I like Bloglines, and plan to take another look at Delicious. While trying the various tools I came across a lot of serendipitous fun.

Overall, working through the 23 Things gave me the confidence and motivation to learn a bit about what everyone else (under fifty) is doing on the internet. Completing it took more time than I expected, certainly more than 60-90 minutes a week, but I'm glad I had that opportunity. Would I participate in another such program in the future? You betcha.

With so very much available online, and with so many new ways to access it, are we in danger of becoming a world of bloated, content-sucking blobs? (There are those who would say I'm close to that goal even now.) Will there be anyone left to generate content, or manufacture computers, or keep us fed??? Stay tuned, or better yet, back away from the computer and cook dinner.

1 comment:

jojo said...

dan,
cute blog.Please contact me on my home email addy: ranchgal@comcast.net
you just a left a message on my farm blog. jojo