Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Read the screen, gosh darn it.

Oooops. I've just been made aware* that my first couple posts could have pertained to the 23 Things of Library 2.0.

Ah, thinking back on the video about lifelong learning, I am reminded of the many self-help books that libraries and bookstores stock. People glance through them, but does anyone ever do exactly what they say? That said, if nothing else, the video did begin to persuade me that old farts actually can learn new things.

Other than habitual procrastination, I see one difficulty in applying myself to doing the 23 Things. That is finding the time, of course. I can give myself permission to use some of my time away from the Reference Desk for this project. Other projects will suffer, inevitably. But that's not the end of the world, is it?

*Thank you Aramis. No, really.

1 comment:

Hermes-san said...

Very nice, Dan. I'll get you some day!